Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
West Halton
 
West Halton, St Etheldreda
West Halton, St Etheldreda
West Halton, St Etheldreda

The tower of St Etheldreda's, like the rest of the church was rebuilt after the fire in the 1690s.

Two medieval windows have been re-used; the lower one in the west wall of the tower is Jacobean.

August 2015

West Halton, St Etheldreda, fire
West Halton, St Etheldreda
West Halton, St Etheldreda
West Halton, St Etheldreda

The Perpendicular windows in the nave and chancel have been retained despite rebuilds and restoration.

August 2015

West Halton, St Etheldreda
West Halton, St Etheldreda, doorway
West Halton, St Etheldreda, doorway
West Halton, St Etheldreda, doorway

The south doorway dates from the re-build of the 1690s.

August 2015

West Halton, St Etheldreda church, doorway
West Halton, St Ethelreda
West Halton, St Ethelreda
West Halton, St Ethelreda

St Etheldreda’s was rebuilt in the 1690s following a fire.  Little now remains of the medieval church except some 13th and 14th century window tracery

Further alterations took place with the restoration of 1876.

Inside the church is a 17th century font – made from a medieval column and base, and there is a west gallery added in 1837.

undated photograph

West Halton, St Ethelreda