Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Woolsthorpe by Belvoir
 
Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, Kennels
Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, Kennels
Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, Kennels

The Belvoir Foxhounds has been housed at Woolsthorpe since 1809.

They are one of the few remaining packs of Old English Foxhounds in the United Kingdom.

undated postcard

Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, Belvoir foxhounds
Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, St James
Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, St James
Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, St James

The ironstone church of St James dates from 1847, and was built in early 14th century style by G G Place of Nottingham.

The church has a rich interior, with painted decorations in the chancel by Lady Adeliza Manners, who laid the foundation stone.

September 2009

Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, St James church, G Place, Lady Adeliza Manners
Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, St James, Carved Head
Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, St James, Carved Head
Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, St James, Carved Head

This stone carving from Place's restoration of 1847 is by the south door of the church.

September 2009

Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, St James church, carving