This gargoyle, with modern spout, is midway along the east wall of the porch.
The elaborate niche over the south porch may have held a pieta.
Detail of the Norman west doorway, with zig-zag decoration, clearly restored by Fowler.
Close up of some of the many grotesque images on Nicholson's church.
The heavily crocketed pinnacles and prominent parapets of the tower.
The coat of arms of General Manners over the porch made in Coade stone by Coade & Seely. The motto translates as 'Strive to Attain'.
Mark Acton, 2017
Label stop or grotesque.
This grotesque placed as a label stop to the left of the west doorway is probably the only surviving external fragment of the medieval church which occupied this site.
Gargoyle in the form of a grinning gryphon.
Badly eroded grotesque carving of a head at the end of a hood mould.
One of a pair of label stops by the west door.
The slender angle buttresses on the tower have crocketed gablets and these decorative pieces at the level of the second stage.
Label stop over window in south wall of nave.
The Early English style west doorway of 1853 has four orders, and dog tooth decoration round the arches.
A crudely carved - and heavily weathered - grotesque by the north porch entrance.
Original cast-iron water head or hopper on the south side of the church.
Above the Perpendicular south porch entrance is a niche with a weathered pieta.
The 14th century arms of the Tournays who lived at nearby Caenby are seen inside.
A gargoyle above the south aisle at St Edith's, Grimoldby.
A grotesque in limestone above the porch at St Edith's.
Detail of the "funny little heads" on the eaves corbels (Pevsner), on the north side of the nave.
Decorative detail near the north door.
Details of the double rows of quatrefoils above the porch.
The two small grotesques are above the niche in a buttress on the south face of the chancel.
Detail of the decorated parapet above the porch, with the (replaced) figure of Christ in the centre.
Grotesque on external wall of 13th century south aisle.
Grotesque on external wall of south aisle.
There are several well carved gargoyles above the clerestory and aisles.
One of the many interesting gargoyles at the church of St John Baptist.
Mark Acton, 2016
This small carved stone cross is set over the blocked south doorway, which dates from the Norman period.
This grotesque cat-like face is alongside the south door.
This grotesque is just above the south porch.
Spot the ‘Man of Clee’ in the centre.
Mark Acton, 2008
A small grotesque carving in the interior of St Peter's.
This weathered head by the west door is thought to have originated in Barlings Abbey.
This fine decorated cast-iron work is on the ridge of the roof at the east end of the nave.
This corbel in the interior of the church probably represents the Green Man.
Sheep's head gargoyle on the south side of the nave.
Detail of end of arch at west doorway.
West end has a carving of Michael spearing the dragon set in a tracery arch.
DB 14 April 2018
Detail of the south doorway.
Further deatils from he south aisle, which was built in 1886-87 as part of the restoration of the church.
The decorated frieze on the parapet above the nave is carried round the head of the polygonal rood staircase projection adjacent to the chancel.
This grotesque is mounted on the corner of the porch.
There is stencilled frieze decorating the top of the nave walls.
The 15th century porch, like the tower, has impressive gargoyles.
Gargoyle from the 15th century porch.
The clerestory windows on the south side of the nave are flanked by a frieze of shields said to have come from a tomb-chest.
This tiny figure stands in a niche high up in the east wall of the Early English south transept. It probably dates from the fourteenth century.
This stone carving from Place's restoration of 1847 is by the south door of the church.