"To the glory of God, and in grateful remembrance of George Henry Hales, the beloved Curate and Rector of Stickney for 43 years, who passed to the fuller life 22nd November, 1922, this Window was dedicated by his Parishioners, Friends and Relations 27th September, 1923.
It was mainly through his zeal that the tower of this Church was rebuilt in 1900.
In his day he was an athlete of world-wide renown"
A Lincoln Record Society news review states :-
"Another remarkable athlete among the Lincolnshire parish clergy was George Henry Hales, Rector of Stickney from 1883 until 1922.
An athletics blue at Cambridge and President of the University Athletics Club, he was universally known as ‘Hammer Hales’, holding for twenty years the world record for throwing the hammer"
The Window was designed and executed by Messrs. Burlison and Grylls, Great Ormond Street, London.
DB 1 September 2019