The maltings at Sleaford, a massive group of buildings, was built by Bass in 1901-7.
The central block with water tower and engine-house is flanked by the eight malthouses giving a total frontage of about 1000 feet. Operations ceased in 1959.
According to Pevsner: 'For sheer impressiveness, little in English industrial architecture can equal the scale of this building'.
Frank Robinson, 2010