This aerial view of Immingham Dock, probably dating from the inter-war period, shows the extensive railway marshalling yard.
The dock opened in 1912. Its area was 45 acres (about 18Ha) and the full length of quayage almost 6000 ft (about 1800m).
The Dock Offices is the red building to the left of the dock entrance.
In the left foreground: the eastern jetty with passenger station. In the right foreground: the western jetty with coal hoist.
Jay-em-Jay postcard, undated
See other images of this dock