"Methodist church and attached Sunday school. 1887. By F Boreham"
Stated in "A List And Brief Details Of Chapels In The Spalding Circuit Past And Present” prepared by Colin Shepherdson & Norman Leveritt September 1997 (Revised August 1988) that :-
"The second Wesleyan chapel was erected on the site of the old prison in Broad Street in 1826 and registered on the 15.5.1827.
The first harmonium was purchased in 1856 and replaced by a better one in 1866.
A two storey Sunday school was added along side the chapel in 1861 and the chapel reseated in 1868.
Additional land, adjacent to the site, was purchased to enable the erection of the third chapel, with the foundation stone being laid on the 8.7.1886.
The chapel opened on the 3.3.1887 and then the 1826 chapel was demolished to allow the building of a new Sunday school.
The foundation stone was laid on the 16.6.1887 and the Sunday school opened on the 3 11.1887.
An organ was installed in the chapel and opened on the 16.4.1896.
The chapel, a Grade II listed building, is still in use with a membership of 111"
DB 2 October 2019