Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states
"The Market Hall and shops, erected in 1866-7, form an extensive pile of buildings, in the French Gothic style, from designs by Messrs. Rogers and Marsden, and include a clock tower rising to a height of more than 100 feet:
the Market Hall is 100 feet long and 60 feet wide, and has a semicircular arched iron trussed roof, supported parted partly by the walls and partly on carved stone corbels:
there is a market keeper's office on the west side, and the whole area under the hall is cellared in eight divisions:
the clock was purchased by subscription, at a cost of about 100 guineas"
DB 21 March 2017