The hospital shown opened in 1877 on a site in the West Marsh area of Grimsby.
A new ward was built in 1885, the first of many such additions. By 1910, an X-ray department had been established.
The hospital continued to adapt, serving the people of Grimsby, Cleethorpes and surrounding area until 1983, when the new Diana Princess of Wales hospital opened in the south of the town.
The old buildings were subsequently demolished to make way for housing.
See: Grimsby: Making the Town by Alan Dowling