Caistor, Fonaby Top, Pelham's Pillar
The foundation stone of Pelham's Pillar was laid in 1840. The structure was completed in 1849.
It was built to commemorate the planting of 12.5 million trees by Charles Anderson Pelham, 1st Lord Yarborough.
The total cost was £2,395. Edward James Willson was paid 100 guineas for the design.
Mark Acton, 2017
Caistor, Fonaby, Yarborough, Pelham, Pillar