Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Settlement - Houses - Rectories
 
Aisthorpe, Old Rectory
Aisthorpe, Old Rectory
Aisthorpe, Old Rectory

The south elevation of the Old Rectory, built in 1876.

Pearl Wheatley, 2011

Aisthorpe, Old Rectory
Ancaster, Rectory
Ancaster, Rectory
Ancaster, Rectory
Ancaster, Rectory
Barton upon Humber, St Peter's Vicarage
Barton upon Humber, St Peter's Vicarage
Barton upon Humber, St Peter's Vicarage
This is the house where Chad Varah, founder of The Samaritans, was born in 1911. His father wsa Canon William Edward Varah, vicar of St Peter's.
Barton Upon Humber, Chad Varah, St Peter's vicarage
Benniworth, St Julian, Rectory
Benniworth, St Julian, Rectory
Benniworth, St Julian, Rectory

Former Rectory now a private house.

DB 9 September 2018 

Benniworth, Rectory
Careby, Old Rectory
Careby, Old Rectory
Careby, Old Rectory

"Former rectory, now house. 1827, by Thomas Boyfield"

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1062872 

Footbridge in the foreground leading from the Old Rectory, over the River Glen, and into the churchyard. 

DB 27 April 2019 

Careby, Rectory, Thomas Boyfield
Careby, Old Rectory Footbridge
Careby, Old Rectory Footbridge
Careby, Old Rectory Footbridge

"Foot bridge. c.1830. In the Rustic style"

"The footbridge connected the Rectory to the Churchyard over the River Glen"

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1317182 

DB 27 April 2019 

Careby, Rectory Footbridge
Cleethorpes, St Peter's Vicarage,
Cleethorpes, St Peter's Vicarage,
Cleethorpes, St Peter's Vicarage,

The Grade II listed former Vicarage was built in 1851-2 to the design of the Grimsby architect Edward Micklethwaite. It is now part of St Peter's Primary School.

Undated postcard

Cleethorpes, vicarage, Micklethwaite
Corby Glen, St John the Evangelist, Vicarage, Church Street
Corby Glen, St John the Evangelist, Vicarage, Church Street
Corby Glen, St John the Evangelist, Vicarage, Church Street

Rear view of the vicarage from the churchyard. 

"Former house, now rectory, wall and gateway.

Late C16 with late C17 addition and in 1814 alterations to form a vicarage"

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1309127 

Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states

"The vicarage house is a large and substantial building in the Elizabethan style"

DB 27 June 2018

Corby Glen, Vicarage
Epworth, The Old Rectory
Epworth, The Old Rectory
Epworth, The Old Rectory

The Old Rectory is John and Charles Wesley's home. It was built in 1709 after the previous building was destroyed by fire.

postcard published by Barnes & Breeze of Epworth, undated

Epworth, Old Rectory, Barnes & Breeze
Friskney, The Vicarage
Friskney, The Vicarage
Friskney, The Vicarage

The Vicarage was built in the 18th century and was still in use into the last half of the 20th.

It is now a private dwelling.

Postcard: early 1900s (Edward VII stamp)

Friskney, vicarage
Great Hale, Old Vicarage, Church Street
Great Hale, Old Vicarage, Church Street
Great Hale, Old Vicarage, Church Street

"Former vicarage, now house. 1730, altered early C19 and C20"

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1061842 

DB 28 July 2018 

Great Hale, Old Vicarage
Heydour, Church Lees Farmhouse
Heydour, Church Lees Farmhouse
Heydour, Church Lees Farmhouse

"Possibly former rectory, now farm house; c.1700 with major alterations and addition in c.1800"

"Above door a blocked window forming a niche in which there stands a C14 carved figure of a musician"

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1360325 

DB 6 August 2018 

Heydour, Church Lees Farmhouse
Horncastle, Market Place
Horncastle, Market Place
Horncastle, Market Place

This undated (pre-1866) painting by E Roberts shows the Old Vicarage at the end of the Market Place with edge of the Punch House showing on the extreme left.

The Market Place contained a series of small shops and shacks, shown here on the right, which were cleared away in 1862.

This view shows (on the extreme right foreground) the north side of the High Street frontage leading into the Market Place.

Courtesy Pearl Wheatley

Horncastle, Market Place, E Roberts, painting, Punch House, Old Vicarage,
Ingoldsby, Old Manor House, Main Street
Ingoldsby, Old Manor House, Main Street
Ingoldsby, Old Manor House, Main Street

"Former Rectory now house; 1847 by Charles Kirk of Sleaford"

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1062394 

DB 18 February 2019

Ingoldsby, Old Manor House, Rectory, Charles Kirk
Langrick, Vicarage
Langrick, Vicarage
Langrick, Vicarage

Former Vicarage, located next to the church, now a private house. 

Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-

"The living of Wildmore is a perpetual curacy, net yearly value £345, with residence, in the gift of the Bishop of Lincoln, and held since 1913 by the Rev. Gerald Marchant Davis M.A. of University College, Durham" 

DB 7 May 2019

Langrick, Vicarage, Wildmore
Louth, Rectory, Westgate
Louth, Rectory, Westgate
Louth, Rectory, Westgate

"Rectory 1828 viewed from the tower of St James Church.

"Red brick with slate roofs plus brick coped gables and kneelers.

4 tall brick stacks with diagonal shafts"

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1308635 

DB 22 September 2015 

Louth, Rectory, Westgate
Stubton, Rectory
Stubton, Rectory
Stubton, Rectory

Former rectory now a private house.

Pevsner states "1857 by David Brandon". 

DB 28 August 2018 

Stubton, Rectory, David Brandon
Wilsford, Rectory
Wilsford, Rectory
Wilsford, Rectory

Former rectory, viewed from the churchyard, on the opposite side of Main Street.

DB 16 April 2018

Wilsford, Rectory