"A recent church of contemporary and functional design, incorporating some furnishings from the previous (M.E. Hadfield & Son) church"
Referring to the previous church building Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire states :-
"The Catholic church, dedicated to the Immaculate Conception and St. Norbert, in Henrietta street, built in 1876 enlarged in 1879 and consecrated by Dr. Heylen, Bishop of Namur in 1903 is a plain edifice of red brick in the Early English style, consisting of nave and a turret containing one bell:
most of the windows are stained.
In Sept. 1908 a lady chapel in the form of a grotto, a copy of the famous grotto of Lourdes, and the work of a Belgian artist, M.Jacques Coomans, was added to the church.
This chapel comprises an altar of the 17th century, a grotto of Bethlehem, a Calvary and a bas-relief of the Assumption.
In 1915 seven stone carvings, the work of a Belgian sculptor, J. Tuerlinckx, of Malines, were added to the exterior"
DB 2 October 2019