Former telephone kiosk now used to house a defibrillator.
"In 1935 the K6 (kiosk number six) was designed to commemorate the silver jubilee of King George V.
It was consequently sometimes known as the "Jubilee" kiosk. It went into production in 1936.
The K6 was the first red telephone kiosk to be extensively used outside London, and many thousands were deployed in virtually every town and city, replacing most of the existing kiosks and establishing thousands of new sites.
In 1935 there had been 19,000 public telephones in the UK: by 1940, thanks to the K6, there were 35,000"
Located on Main Road near the church.
DB 3 September 2018