Gainsborough, Marshalls' Workers
William Marshall set up his Gainsborough engineering firm in 1848.
It moved in 1856 to a site on Beaumont Street near the station.
The works eventually occupied 28 acres (12 Ha) and in the early 1900s, at the time of this photograph, the firm employed over 3500 men.
Gainsborough had a population of about 19,000 at the time and was dominated by the works.
Gainsborough, Marshall Son & Co, workers, Beaumont Street