Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in Althorpe, opened in 1864, is built in contrasting
red and pale cream brick.
The Old Hall at Althorpe is an early L-shaped brick house with a later seventeenth-century doorway.
Joyce Whitehead, 1980s
St Oswald's Althorpe stands close to the bank of the River Trent.
The church was built in 1483 by Sir John Neville, whose arms are displayed on the west side of the ashlar faced tower.
It has a Perpendicular style throughout.
The chancel of St Oswald's has fine windows in Perpendicular style.
It is in 3 bays with battlements.
The west doorway in the tower has a surround moulding with square leaves and faces - though much weathered.