Built as a Wesleyan chapel in 1862, this has served the local Methodist worshippers until recently, surviving the Anglican church in the village.
The central porch is a later addition and is barely tied into the building. However, the PVCu windows were a recent improvement to the level of comfort of the congregation.
The original cast iron railings and gate are quite handsome.
The chapel was closed because of declining numbers in October 2015 and sold for £14,854.
Jean Howard, 2 May 2021