Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Mary the Virgin is a plain edifice of stone, in the Early English and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled westem tower containing 2 bells and a clock:
the fabric was originally Early English, and the greater part of the aisle walls and part of the tower are of that date:
the clerestory is Late Perpendicular, and has three lights on either side; the tower also is chiefly Perpendicular, but the embattled parapet was added by General Manners, whose armorial bearings are conspicuously carved upon the gable of the porch:
the chancel arch is plain Early English:
in a vault beneath the chancel are buried the remains of Lord John James Manners. d. 1762; Lord Robert Manners, d. 1782; General Robert Manners, d. 1828; and Lady Robert Manners, d. 1829:
the chancel and porch were erected by General Manners in 1812 and the church was restored by Lady Mary Nisbet Hamilton in 1879, and affords 80 sittings"
DB 8 June 2020