Kelly's Directory 1930 states :-
"The church of All Saints is an ancient building of stone in the Norman, Transitional and Late Decorated styles, consisting of chancel with north chapel, nave, north aisle and an embattled western tower with four pinnacles containing 2 bells :
the church is chiefly interesting on account of its examples of Norman work, including the chancel arch, of three orders, and two arches in the nave springing from circular piers, with a shallow base ; no foundations were made for this church as it was built on the site and with the materials of a ruined Roman villa, all the walls being raised on the tesselated floors of this villa, which were then intact, but which during the Middle Ages were broken up for burials in the church:
in the church are numerous monuments to the Sibthorp family from 1788 to 1865:
the west end of the church was restored in 1846:
there are 150 sittings"
DB 8 August 2018