Kelly's Directory 1919 states :-
"The church of St. John the Evangelist is a large and ancient edifice of stone, in the Decorated style of the 14th century, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower containing 4 bells:
it was restored and reseated in 1860:
there are several stained windows, some of which are memorials :
the church affords 206 sittings.
The register dates from the year 1561.
The living is a discharged vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Irnham, joint net yearly value £500 with residence and 82 acres of glebe, in the gift of Col. Gordon, and held since 1899 by the Rev. Arthur Abbott M.A. of Queen's College, Oxford"
DB 27 June 2018