White's Directory of Lincolnshire 1856 states :-
"St. Mary's parish has 195 souls, 950 acres, and a neat church, which is a rectory, valued in K.B. at £10, and now £152, in the patronage of the Lord Chancellor, and incumbency of the Rev. J. E. Rudd., B.A., who has 21A. of glebe.
In the north wall of the chancel is an arched compartment, ornamented with tracery, and supposed to have formerly contained a tomb"
DB 8 September 2019