Date stone reads "PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL 1870"
In "A List And Brief Details Of Chapels In The Scunthorpe Circuit Past And Present” prepared By Colin Shepherdson & Mervyn G White March 1997 (Revised August 1998) it is stated that :-
"Chapel was built in 1830 and rebuilt in 1870 - foundation stone laid on the 15.7.1870 and reopened on the 27.11.1870.
It closed in 1969 due to its poor structural condition.
The congregation transferred to St Andrew's Anglican church, in the High Street, where they still hold services with a membership of 5.
The chapel was sold by auction on the 15.8.1973 with planning permission to convert it into a house but it is now disused and bricked up"
House conversion has now obviously been completed.
DB 18 June 2019