The former Wesleyan Chapel, designed by Richard Coulson* of Hull, opened in 1889. It is situated on Townside at the southern edge of the village.
The last service was held in 1953 when the two Methodist societies in the village combined and used the Primitive Methodist chapel.
It now serves a the village hall.
* Richard Coulson, son of a farmer in the village, born 1860, was articled to the architect William Marshall of Hull, later working for Hull Corporation. In 1892 he moved to Ireland and worked for the Guinness Company. He died c.1929.