Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Mary Magdalen is an ancient edifice of stone in the Early English, Early and Late Decorated, and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave of five bays, aisles, south porch and a detached south-west tower with embattled parapet and pinnacles, a polygonal staircase turret, and a spire with three tiers of pierced quatrefoils on its alternate faces the whole height being about 120 feet; the tower contains 6 bells and a clock added in 1911:
there is a font and a fine west window, both of the Perpendicular date:
the chancel retains a piscina and sedilia in the Early Decorated style (1245-1315):
during the years 1860-2, the chancel was entirely rebuilt, the nave roof renewed at a cost of over £1,000, and the interior reseated, under the direction of Mr. C.Bennett, architect, of Lynn:
the south aisle was restored in 1899 at a cost of about £360, and in 1900 the roof and interior were again restored at a cost of £3,000: in 1911 the interior of the cgurch was restored and a new pulpit, choir stalls and altar rails provided in memory of the Rev. Canon W. H. James M.A. rector 1874-1910:
there are sittings for 340 persons"
DB 1 May 2010