White's Directory of Lincolnshire 1856 states :-
"The Church (St. Peter) is a large Gothic structure, and has over its porch a statue of the Virgin and Child.
It was repaired in 1855, when four of the windows were enriched with stained glass.
It has a monumental brass in memory of one of the Tourneys.
The nave and aisles are of the age of Henry VII., but the tower and chancel have been rebuilt at a later period.
It is in the appropriation and patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln ; and the vicarage, valued in K.B. at £8, and now at £90, is in the incumbency of the Rev. James Johnson, of Normanby-by-Spittal.
The trustees of Sutton's Charity are lessees of the rectory.
At the enclosure, the rectorial tithes were commuted for 312 acres, and the vicarial tithes for 70.A. 3R. 17P. ; and at the same time 30 acres were allotted for the reparation of the church, &c."
DB 12 May 2019