New Midge Inn has been standing empty for some years.
The Midge Inn was listed in White's Directory of Lincolnshire 1856
"Hatter Thos. vict. Midge Inn"
and in Kelly's Directory 1919
Houlden Frank, Midge inn
DB 30 March 2019
The primary school in Hatton opened as a National School in 1864 and closed in 1951, with children transferring to schools in Baumber and Wragby.
This stone fragment, now resting close to the south door of the church, was part of the medieval building replaced by James Fowler.
St Stephen’s was built in 1870 by James Fowler, replacing the medieval church.
Built of red brick with bands of stone, this small building has an apsaidal chancel and a south-east bell turret and spire.
View of the semi-circular apsaidal chancel built by James Fowler at Hatton.
South porch of St Stephen's at Hatton.
This is a good example of Fowler's decorative use of red brick, limestone and Welsh slate.
The chapel on Mill Lane - actually just inside Minting parish - was built by the Wesleyan Methodists in 1838; they extensively modified the building in 1892.
The last service was held in 1979.