Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. John the Baptist is a small building of stone, consisting of chancel and nave, and a turret containing one bell:
considerable improvements were made in 1895 by the removal of a west gallery and high pews, and the substitution of open seats:
a new door to the south-west entrance has also been provided and a new organ was obtained in 1897:
the church was restored in 1911 at a cost of £500:
there are 100 sittings.
The register dates from the year 1562.
The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £228, including 56 acres of glebe, with residence, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of York and held since 1913 by the Rev. Charles Powell Mellor.
DB 8 April 2019