The tiny hamlet of Rigsby has the church of St. James built by the prolific Louth architect James Fowler in 1863.
It is in neo-Norman style though Fowler re-used a genuine Early Norman arch inside.
Mark Acton, 2007
The small neo-Norman church of St James has a pleasant rural location on the slope of the Wolds to the west of Alford.
View from the East of the semi-circular apse which contains the chancel.
The elaborate bell-turret of St James's, corbelled out and with a spirelet, is described by Pevsner as "just High Victorian".
This octagonal font came from the medieval church in the parish and dates from the Perpendicular period.
Each side of the octagon has three cusped arches with panel tracery above.
The interior is in yellow brick with bands of red brick.
The chancel is contained within a small semi-circular apse.
The arch over the vestry door (front left) dates from the early Norman period in contrast to the mid-Victorian construction elsewhere.
The richly decorated tiled reredos above the altar.
The rose window in the west wall of the church.
The rose window in the west wall of the church has coloured Victorian glass in a repeating pattern.