Kelly's Directory 1919 states "The church of St. John the Baptist is a small edifice of stone in the Early English style, with remains of Norman work, and consists of chancel, nave, north aisle, south porch and an embattled western tower with pinnacles, containing 3 bells:
the church was restored in 1876-7, at a cost of £1,350, when the chancel was rebuilt, a vestry and organ chamber added, and the north aisle completely rebuilt, under the direction of Messrs. Bodley and Garner, of London, architects:
there are brasses on the wall to Sir John Bolle bart. of Scampton, ob. 8th March, 1648, and Catherine (Conyers) his wife, ob. 1644:
the church affords 180 sittings"
DB 13 November 2020