White's Directory of Lincolnshire 1856 states :-
"The Church (St Hibbald) was rebuilt, except. the tower, in 1840, at the cost of about £2000, chiefly of stone, got from a quarry in the parish, which has been opened in the oolite stratum of the Cliff.
It has several monuments of the Nelthorpes, including one of the first baronet.
One of the windows is enriched with stained glass, in memory of the late vicar.
The churchyard was enlarged in 1854.
The altar rail is a fine piece of wrought iron work by Mark Horton, of Lea, where the late vicar, the Rev Sir C. J. Anderson, Bart., resided.
Sir John Nelthorpe is patron of the vicarage, which is valued in K.B. at £7, and now at £330, in the incumbency of the Rev J. T. Bales Tooke"
DB 14 June 2019