View from the gallery along the nave and into the chancel.
Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Nicholas, built in 1833, is a structure of white brick, in a modern Gothic style, consisting of chancel and nave and an embattled western tower with pinnacles, containing 5 bells and a clock:
the church was restored and reseated and a chancel screen erected during the period 1860-90, at a cost of £485:
two of the bells, the clock, altar rails and screen were the gift of the Rev. T. J. M. Townsend B.A. for 44 years vicar of this parish and to whose memory a stained window was erected in the nave in 1891, at a cost of £43:
the east window, erected in 1857, is a memorial to Richard Roadley esq. formerly lord of the manor of this parish :
in the alley of the nave there is a stone coffin lid with Latin inscription to a former vicar, who died in 1441 :
in the churchyard close to the entrance, is the capital of one of the piers of the original church, with a delicate moulding of the dog-tooth ornament:
the base of the churchyard cross still remains; and an ancient coped stone, with a raised foliated cross of very elegant design, probably of the 14th century, now covers the grave of the wife of a former parish clerk, and is inscribed : "Isabella Barkwith, died April 6th, 1712" :
there are 120 sittings"
DB 19 May 2019