White's Directory of 1856 states :-
"STIXWOULD, an ancient village, a greater part of which has been rebuilt, is pleasantly seated on a fertile eminence, overlooking the vale of the Witham, over which there is a ferry, 6.5 miles W.S.W. of Horncastle, and N.N.W. of Tattershall.
It has a Station, on the rails between Lincoln and Boston, and has in its parish 255 souls, and 2250 acres of tithe-free land, belonging to Cphr. Turnor, Esq., the patron of the Church (St Peter,) which he rebuilt, in 1831,in the Gothic style, with a fine tower.
The vicarage, valued in K.B. at £7. 10s., and now at £70, has been augmented with 24 acres of land, at Leake, purchased with Queen Anne's Bounty.
The Rev. John Woodlands Watkin, M.A., is the incumbent, and has a good Vicarage House, recently erected by the patron, with the aid of a grant of £200 from Queen Anne's Bounty"
DB 20 March 2019