Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1909 states :-
"The church of St. Mary, situated one mile and a half from the village, is an edifice of brick and stone in the Early English and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave, aisles, south porch and a western tower with plain parapet containing 6 bells:
in the year 1875 the south aisle and porch were restored, at a cost of about £600:
in the chancel is an inscribed slab, dated 1732, to Edward Barkham esq. who gave the old reredos, removed in 1881:
in the south aisle is a piscina:
the carved font is adorned with representations of our Lord's Passion :
in 1881 the chancel was restored, at a cost of about £600, when a stained east window was presented by the patron, and in 1892 the nave was new roofed and re-seated, the north aisle rebuilt and organ chamber constructed by the chancel;
there are 350 sittings.
The register dates from the year 1611.
The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £300, with residence, in the gift of the Governors of Bethlehem Hospital"
DB 6 September 2019