society was first established in this village in 1787. This chapel, the second
for the Wesleyans here, was opened in August 1885
A small church of red brick and ashlar, St Helen's dates from 1841.
Within is a 14th century font from an earlier building.
St Helen's is built of red brick laid in English bond throughout.
The windows in both nave and chancel are of a simple pointed style.
The small brick tower has two ashlar string courses and crenelated parapet, and an inscription tablet - now illegible.