Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Peterer erected in 1862-3, on a site at the junction of the roads from Newark, Bassingham and Lincoln, is an edifice of stone in the Early English style, from designs by Mr. Hakewill, architect, of London, and consists of apsidal chancel, nave, transepts and a tower on the east side of the south transept, ;with octagonal broach spire covered with oak shingle, and containing 3 bells and a clock presented at Christmas 1897, by the Rev. Arthur Fredk. Sutton. rector of Brant Broughton:
the height of the tower and spire is 100 feet:
there are 240 sittings"
DB 25 January 2018