Kelly's Directory 1930 reports :-
"The church of St. Swithin is an ancient building of stone, in the Norman, Early English and later styles, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave, aisles, south porch and a central embattled tower containing 6 bells:
the most ancient portion (consisting of two bays of the earlier nave, with its clerestory) is an excellent example of Late Norman work, but the rest of the nave was built in the Elizabethan period:
there are also traces of a 13th century reconstruction:
the north portion of the church was restored in 1876, at a cost of £1,407, and in 1893-4 the south aisle and porch and the clerestory of the nave were restored at a cost of £1,448, and the chancel repaired by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners:
there are 300 sittings"
DB 8 August 2022