Looking east towards the C19 chancel arch.
White's Directory 1872 records "The Church (St. Cuthbert), which is a neat stone structure, consisting of nave, chancel, north aisle, transept, and a small tower and spire, with three bells, was built in 1859, in lieu of the previous one, which was very ancient, at the expense of the Rev. William Wright and the Rev. John Carr.
In the chancel is an ancient credence table, and the reredos, which is of alabaster, is in memory of the two sons of S. W. Wright, Esq.
In the east end is a memorial window of stained glass, to Miss Mary Wright, and another in the south side of the chancel to Henrietta de Coetlogon"
DB 14 May 2023