"A List And Brief Details Of Chapels In The Scunthorpe Circuit Past And Present" prepared By Colin Shepherdson & Mervyn G White March 1997 (Revised August 1998) states :-
"The Society was formed in 1781 and the first chapel erected in the High Street in 1804.
It was replaced on the same site by a second chapel in 1863.
The chapel was renovated and re-opened on the 27.10.1927.
A Sunday school was added to the rear in 1964.
The chapel closed on the 2.6.1991 and was sold in 1996. The chapel now stands boarded up and unused"
Geoff Swain Collection 17 August 1993