St Stephen's has much Early English work, including the nave arcades of c1200.
The tower with its broach spire is 13th century, while the windows of the aisles, chancel and clerestory date from the 14th and 15th centuries.
A round headed pier with round abacus, part of the Early English three-bay north arcade.
Note also the nailhead decoration.
The chancel, which was restored in 1821, has an east window with 15th century panel tracery.
This decorative iron escutcheon is over the keyhole in the south door of the church.
The stoup, for holy water, in the south wall of the chancel.
Above the chancel arch are fragments of a medieval Doom painting - a depiction of the Last Judgement.