"A List And Brief Details Of The Lincolnshire Chapels In The Stamford, Newark, Peterborough, Wisbech & Goole Circuits Past And Present" prepared by Colin Shepherdson March 1998 states :-
"A chapel was erected, in Chapel Lane, in 1835.
In 1921 the Wesleyans purchased the P.M. chapel but retained their old chapel (for use as a Sunday school?).
The old WM chapel is now boarded up & derelict.
The ex-P.M. chapel continued in use until circa 1990 and is now standing disused"
Geoff Swain Collection 9 May 1994