Charles Kirk (Senior) was the architect for this church built in 1845-46.
It is built of stone with rock face finish.
View from the south-east
This view from the north-east shows the north aisle alongside the higher nave.
The church tower, on the north-west side of the building, is pinnacled and has a broach spire.
"Parish church. 1845, by Charles Kirk of Sleaford in Decorated style"
"Deeping St.Nicholas was first formed as a parish in 1846, following the draining of this area of Fen"
Peter Kirk Collection, 2 April 1999
One of a pair of label stops by the west door.
Littleworth was the station for Deeping St Nicholas. It opened on 17 October 1848 & closed to passengers on 11 September 1961 though the line is still open. The image shows the line running southwards towards Peterborough.
Littleworth was the station for Deeping St Nicholas. The image shows the line running northwards towards Spalding. Despite closing to passengers in 1961 the buildings on the westward side remain.
Photo dated 11 February 1961