This simple cottage in typical Lincolnshire style was named Black Cottage. Presumably its walls were daubed with tar or pitch as a weatherproofing measure, a common feature in the County.
Drawing by Hilary Healey (undated)
This tall mill with eight floors and six sails dates from 1836. It is sometimes known as Seadyke Mill.
Jon Sass Collection, undated photograph by Rex Wailes
The windmill at Gedney Dyke worked by wind until 1942 and had its sails removed five years later.
It is Listed Grade II.
Location of mill: TF 416 262