Kelly's Directory 1930 reports :-
"The church of St. Andrew is an ancient edifice of stone, in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles and an embattled western tower, with eight pinnacles, containing 3 bells:
the nave arcades include four very fine Norman arches:
in the church are paintings in oils of the Twelve Apostles :
in 1909 an east window, oak reredos and chancel screen were erected by Miss Cogswell, of Grimsby, in memory of her father, the Rev. N. Cogswell M.A. vicar 1837-83:
the church was restored during the period 1887-90 in 1919 the north aisle was restored in the Renaissance style, the architect being Wilfred Bond esq. of Stamford :
the tower and roof were restored in 1924-5:
the pulpit, lectern, three sanctuary chairs, credence table, brass alms dish and a brass font ewer originally used in the Immingham Dock Naval church, were presented to the church in memory of the stay of the Royal Navy at Immingham Dock during the period of the Great War, 1914-18 eight alabaster tablets were also erected in the church by the Royal Navy in memory of their comrades who fell during the war :
the parish war memorial is an alabaster tablet erected near the pulpit, the names of the 28 men of the parish who were killed being inscribed on it :
the church affords 220 sittings ...
The churchyard was considerably enlarged by land given by the Rev. R. P. Wade"
DB 7 September 2023