Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
Kenwick Hall
Kenwick Hall
Kenwick Hall

The substantial Georgian house here was enlarged by Temple Moore in 1889.

It had been occupied by the Allenby family and then, at the time of the 1889 work, by Allenby's in-laws, the Garfits.

The house was damaged by a bomb in World War 2 and was later restored.  It was demolished in 1960 and replaced by the current building.

More details about this house and its owners can be found in T R Leach and R Pacey's book, 'Lost Lincolnshire Country Houses: Volume 1', published by SLHA.  Buy a copy.

Kenwick, Hall, Temple Moore, Allenby, Garfit