Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1937 states :-
"The church of St. Mary is a building of stone in the Late Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave of four bays, aisles, chantry chapel, south porch and an embattled western tower with seven crocketed pinnacles, and an angle turret with spirelet containing 3 bells:
the chancel is divided from the nave by a beautiful oak screen, which has been restored:
the font is octagonal, and has a carved pyramidal cover:
near the communion table is a monument with kneeling figures to Walter Harpham, his wife and daughter, 1617:
in the nave is a memorial window to Joseph Hewson esq. and Mary Ann his wife:
a new roof was put on the nave in 1845, at a cost of £300:
an oak roof was also put on the north aisle in 1848, and in the same year the chancel was rebuilt at a cost of about £580, defrayed by the Rev. A. Floyer, then rector and patron:
in 1864 the nave was reseated with massive carved oak benches, and in 1881 a beautifully carved oak pulpit was erected at a cost of £200:
there are 489 sittings.
The first date legible in the register is 25th January, 1589 ; there are some entries for a few years before that date, but the dates, if written, have been long since obliterated.
The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £350, with residence, in the gift of trustees, and held since 1922 by the Rev. William Henry Bead M.A. of Jesus College, Cambridge"
DB 8 September 2019