Opened with what was known as the "New Line", between Coningsby Junction and Bellwater Junctions, in 1913, the line and station closed in 1970.
The route was created primarily to help speed excursionists from the Midlands to Skegness and Mablethorpe but it also served the many farms and hamlets scattered along the northern edges of the East and West Fens. Midville station was a good example of this.
Some buildings remain today but the track bed has disappeared, incorporated into the adjacent fields.
Peter Grey Archive, 1970