A chapel was erected here in Fen Gate in 1812 and was later used as a Sunday School for the new chapel built in front of it in 1902.
The unusual octagonal nave of St James' dates from 1722, and was built by William Sands of Spalding.
The chancel, in a similar classical style, rectangular with polygonal apse, was added in 1886.
View of St James's from the south-west.
The marble font - a square pillar with octagonal bowl and painted wooden ogee-shaped cover - is contemporary with the nave of 1722.
The chancel at St James's was added in 1886 and the imposing chancel screen was installed in the early twentieth century.
There is a small gallery (from which this photograph was taken) at the west end of the nave.
This mill was built on the site of a post mill in 1865.
The original tower had five floors and there were four sails.
Jon Sass Collection, undated photograph
This mill is Grade II Listed.
Location of mill: TF 294 183