White's Directory of Lincolnshire 1856 states :-
"The Church (St. Mary Magdalen) is an ancient structure, mostly in the early English style, but the chancel arch is Anglo-Norman.
On the floor is a recumbent effigy of a Knight Templar.
The rectory, valued in K.B. at £11.12s.2d., and now at £645, is in the gift of Lord Willoughby de Eresby, and incumbency of the Rev. W. E.Chapman, M.A., of Edenham, who has 74 acres of glebe, besides 84 acres allotted in lieu of tithes, in 1796, at the enclosure of Great Humby, where there is a small ancient chapel of ease, and where the Hotchkin family have an estate.
The tithes of the whole parish are commuted for a corn rent of £589. 19s. 3d. per annum"
DB 2 March 2020