Kelly's Directory 1930 states :-
"The church of St. James, rebuilt under the direction of the late Mr. Jas. Fowler, of Louth, and re-opened in 1865, is a small edifice of Ancaster stone, lined with white brick, in the Norman style, and consists of nave, with eastern apse, transeptal vestry on the north side and an open belfry on the western gable, containing one bell :
the inner portions of the doorway of the west front, and the arch between the nave and vestry are remnants of the ancient Norman church :
the stained wheel window in the west front was given by Lady Mary Nisbet-Hamilton, and one in the apse is a memorial to Mrs. Higgins :
there are 50 sittings"
DB 19 November 2023