Kelly's Directory 1930 has :-
"The church of St. Benedict is an ancient building of stone, in the Early English, Decorated and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel with north aisle of two bays, nave of three bays, north aisle and a small western tower, with spire, erected in 1860 by the Hon. Sir Henry Dymoke bart. and containing one bell:
the nave and earlier chancel arcades and the chancel arch are Early English:
the windows of the nave, modern Decorated:
the chancel retains a piscine:
the stained east window, a memorial to the Rev. John Dymoke, d. 1828, and to Amelia Alice Elphinstone, his wife, d. 1856, was erected by their eldest son, and there are memorial windows to Emma, Lady Dymoke, d. 1884, erected by Sir Francis H. Hartwell bart. and Lady Hartwell (Dymoke), his wife, and to Francis Seaman Dymoke, d. 1893, erected by his widow:
the monuments chiefly commemorate the Marmion and Dymoke families, possessors of the Manor of Scrivelsby and hereditary Champions of England:
there was formerly in the church, until at least to June 1860, a slab with brass effigies and a fragment of a canopy, to Sir Thomas Dymoke, ob. 1422, and Elizabeth (Hebden), his wife, ob. 1453:
beneath the chancel arcade is an altar tomb, with brass effigy and inscription, to Sir Robert Dymoke, knight banneret, ob. 12 Ap. 1545, Champion at the Coronations of Richard III. Henry VII. and Henry VIII. ; over the head of the figure is a shield of 10 quarterings ; it appears from a brass inscription that this tomb was removed from its original to its present position in 1760:
at the east end of the aisle is a tomb with recumbent cross-legged effigy in stone of a knight in armour, representing Philip, last Lord Marmion, of Scrivelsby and Tamworth, ob. 1292:
contemporary with this is the recumbent effigy of a lady, with a dog at her feet :
in the chancel is an inscription on copper to Sir Charles Dymoke kt. Champion at the Coronation of James II. ob. c. 1688, and Eleanor (Watson), his wife, daughter of Lewis, 1st Baron Rockingham, as well as to other members of the family:
there also is a slab inscribed to the Hon. Charles Dymoke, Champion at the Coronation of Wm. III, and Queen Mary, d. 17 Jan. 1702-3, erected by his widow, Jane Dymoke, in 1726, and mural monument of white marble to Hon. Lewis Dymoke M.P. Champion at the Coronations of Geo. I. and Geo. II d. 1760, and the Hon. John Dymoke, Champion at the Coronation of Geo. III. d. 6 March, 1784:
and a tablet to Sir Henry Dymoke Bart. d. 28 April, 1865, whose grave in the churchyard is marked by a canopied tomb, of marble, with inscription to himself and Emma (Pearce), his wife. d. 1884, and an inscribed stone to Mary Anne, widow of the Rev. the Hon. John Dymoke, jun.
The church was restored in 1876, at a cost of £279, and again in 1891, at a cost of £259, defrayed by the rector and the Hon. F. S. Dymoke, Queen's Champion (d. 1893).
In the churchyard, which contains about 2 acres, is a canopied cross to the memory of Henry Lionel Dymoke, d. 1875, the last member of that branch of the Dymoke family who succeeded to the estates and championship on the death of the Hon. Lewis Dymoke, who died in 1760.
The register for Scrivelsby dates from the year 1566 and that of Dalderby from 1690.
The Rev. Samuel Lodge, rector 1867-97, made an exact transcript of the registers of both parishes from 1566 to 1812.
The living is a rectory, united to that of Dalderby, net yearly value £723, including 52 acres of glebe, with residence, in the gift of F. Seaman Dymoke esq. D.L., J.P. and held since 1928 by the Rev. Joseph Arthur Bunch"
DB 10 September 2023