Tathwell’s War Memorial stands at the junction of Hall Lane and Thackers Lane.
It was supplied by Mawer Bros of Louth whose name appears on the right-hand side of the base of the cross.
It was unveiled on Saturday 12 February 1921 by Col Edward Kyme Cordeaux CBE DL JP who had commanded the Grimsby Chums during the war.
The panel of text reads: IN MEMORY OF/ THE MEN FROM THIS PARISH/ WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES IN THE/ GREAT WAR 1914-1919./ ARTHUR BUTLER/ WILLIAM HARRIS/ GEORGE JANNEY/ HERBERT KINGSWOOD/ ERNEST SMITH/ WILLIAM SMITH/ EDWARD STANDALOFT/ JOSEPH WESTERBY/ GEORGE WOOD
No additions have been made to the memorial since its unveiling, although a soldier of the Second World War, L Cpl Harry Grant, 4th Batt. Lincolnshire Regiment, was killed in action in France 7 August 1944 and is commemorated on his parents’ grave in Tathwell churchyard.
Jean Howard, March 2015